Director, User Experience – A Design Thinker
The Director of User Experience believes that understanding who your core customers are and what they need is the cornerstone of business success. This person will lead a multi-disciplinary team in all aspects of UX, from user research and information architecture to design and content interaction models.
The mission of the UX team is to deliver seamless (and eventually frictionless) user experiences that satisfy and delight task-oriented users and encourage further engagement that aligns and converts with client business goals.
This is a client facing leadership position that commands a design-thinking approach to creating innovative solutions that accelerate our clients business goals. You will support the sales/marketing process and should enjoy interacting with clients and representing the company at conferences as a thought leader.
Internally, you will grow and manage a team of user experience professionals (both in-house and contract). You will be responsible for developing and maintaining internal processes and standards and maintaining excellent quality delivered to our clients. Building and growing an environment that will allow user experience professionals to thrive is the ultimate goal of this position.
The qualified candidate can demonstrate:
- How you have worked closely with previous digital strategist, marketing, design, and development teams to take into account strategic, emotional, tactical, and technological considerations that are critical to the success of any positive user experience.
- An ability to do an aspect of the work yourself (this position is expected to be billable)
- The ability to recommend and conduct unbiased, detailed user research that seeks to understand and solve user pain points. (ethnographic, stateholder interviews, surveys, tree testing or other methodologies)
- How you actively seek critiques and feedback from internal stakeholders, clients, and end-users with the goal of improving the product.
- Past performance delivering high-quality, research-based work that solves for users needs and addresses strategic and digital goals.
- Ways you help clients identify and evaluate audience/user segments;
- Excellent writing, presentation and critical thinking skills
How to join our team
- Send your resume, experience, and what you find appealing about this opportunity to email@example.com
- No inquiries from recruiters or other agents or from companies will be considered.
- We thank all applicants for applying however only candidates willing to work onsite at our Springfield, VA office will be considered at the moment.